What is the reputation of the dentist and clinic?
A good dentist will have a solid reputation in their community. Check around with the people that you know and see what they think of the local dentists.
You may also contact your local or provincial dental society for a list of practicing dentists in your area.
Do you feel comfortable when you visit the dentist?
Feeling comfortable during your visit will be an important thing to consider. During your initial consultation or appointment with a new dentist, consider the following:
- Will the dentist listen as you express your concerns and effectively answer your questions?
- Do you have fears or anxieties you’d be comfortable expressing?
- Do they answer your questions about procedures you’ll need effectively?
- Does the dentist seem to hear and understand your concerns?
Does the clinic offer all of the services that you or your family need?
You will likely prefer to choose a dental clinic that can offer a range of services that your family needs. Does the dentist offer standard preventive and restorative services? Can they handle emergency care?
If you or a family member has a specific oral health issue, it may be useful to choose a dentist who specializes in that area.
Do the hours work well with your life and is the location convenient?
- Is the dental office near your home or work?
- How about public transit?
- If you drive, is parking convenient?
- Are there hours convenient for you?
If you have any accessibility needs, are they met?
Any patients with special needs will need to ensure that the office they visit is accessible. From physical accessibility to dental sedation services, this is an important aspect of comprehensive dental care.
What are the financial options offered by the clinic?
Generally, the cost of dental services will vary depending on the services you receive, the location of the clinic and the experience of the dental professional.
- Does your dentist follow the current Dental Association Fee Guide for your province?
- Do they accept your insurance and can they file your insurance claim electronically?
- Are there multiple payment options (personal checks, credit cards, interest-free payment plans)?
While it is important to keep your mouth healthy, you will also need to keep the cost of dental services in mind. Don’t hesitate to ask for an estimate for any procedures. Our administrative team is always here to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Will there be a dedicated method of scheduling appointments?
Does the dental office have a dedicated system or staff in place to help with booking and changing your dental appointments?
What does the office look like?
- Is the dental office clean and orderly?
- Are the receptionists/administrative team welcoming?
- Can you visit before making your first appointment to help you make a final decision?
We are happy to have patients visit Progressive Dental at a pre-scheduled time so you can get to know our office. We are proud of our friendly team and clean, organized environment. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.
How do the dentists and dental team approach your care?
When it comes to choosing a dentist, it’s also important to confirm that your new dentist has the same values you do. Talk to the dentist to learn about his or her approach to their dentist-patient relationships, and whether you two would be a good match.
Our dentists in Calgary are welcoming new patients.
Our dentists and team are always happy to welcome new patients to our office. We hope you'll consider us if you are looking for a new dentist in Calgary!