Are you unhappy with your smile? Do you want to change your smile to improve the color, shape or length of your teeth? Or change the appearance of your gums or lips to give your overall smile a more appealing look?
If you ask yourself any of these questions below and can answer “yes”, then you should make a consultation appointment with us to discuss your smile options.
- Ask yourself – Am I unhappy with my smile?
- Ask yourself – Is there something I would want to change about my smile to improve it?
- Ask yourself – Do you want to change the appearance of your gums or lips?
In a recent independent survey by a leading toothpaste manufacturer. People were asked about how they feel about their smile. The results were:
- People do not feel confident enough about their smile to smile in a photograph.
- People make judgments about people simply by the look of their smile.
- People think that a beautiful smile helps people feel more psychologically well.
- People think that an attractive smile helps when involved in a new romantic situation.
- A nice smile has a direct impact on an individuals successful social and professional encounters
At Progressive Dental, a smile makeover may involve one or more cosmetic, dental or facial rejuvenation procedures to improve the esthetics of your smile. While a smile makeover to one person could mean something completely different to another, it is a very individual choice which can either be based on form or function, or both. For example, some people want that perfect Hollywood smile, or a celebrity smile with those pearly white porcelain veneers. Others may just want a to achieve a more natural looking smile by replacement of amalgam fillings with composite and teeth whitening.
Whatever the reasons for your dissatisfaction with your smile, there are many different ways in which you can improve your smile using modern cosmetic dentistry:
- Crooked teeth can be straightened with Invisalign braces or conventional orthodontics. They can also be covered with porcelain veneers for a faster solution. However, your teeth will need to be prepared for the veneers.
- Chipped, broken teeth can be repaired. But the treatment course chosen will depend on the extent of damage. However, your options include procedures such as cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers or porcelain crowns.
- Missing teeth can be replaced – gaps between your teeth can cause functional problems as well as being unsightly. Often, a smile makeover involves the replacement of existing restorations or gaps between teeth. Solutions include dental implants, a dental bridge or a denture.
- Gaps between your teeth can be closed to give your smile a more even look. This can be achieved instantly with porcelain veneers. Orthodontics can also be used to move the teeth and close the gaps between them. Invisalign invisible braces and fixed orthodontics are just a few options for moving your teeth to close gaps.
- If you have a gummy smile, this can easily be remedied by surgical or laser gum contouring.
- If you are not satisfied with the color of your teeth, or if you have badly stained teeth, they can be treated with prophy cleaning or professional teeth whitening.
The end result of a smile makeover for many people is a smile to be proud of, one that is straight, one that has proper form and function as well as white teeth and proper alignment.